Its Party Time:
After months and hours of preparation, it was finally party time! Its the first time that I put so much effort into organizing a party and I’ve got to say that it wasnt easy. I finally understand why brides are like always TIRED OUT after their wedding. There was so much to do! I remember how I kept checking on the weather forecast 2 weeks before the date of my birthday so that I could think of an alternative plan should it rain. Thank God the drizzle stopped when the guests arrived. Having a perfect party requires loads of hard work.
Anyway, after doing the decorations, it was time to get ready for the party. The decorations took up a lot of time and I had to rush to do my make up and hair. Would like to thank Xue Yan here for cabbing down just to do my hair for me in time. Thanks dear!
So, let me take you through my Hello Kitty birthday party right now. I’ll play the guide, and you the guest. Upon arrival you’ll be guided in by the hello kitty balloons which were mentioned in post 1. That will lead you to Aloha Changi Chalet and you will come to a green gate.
I felt that it was important that the guests at the party were being entertained. As such, we came up with some activities for the guests to participate in. Upon completion of the activity card, guests would be entitled to the Lucky Draw which was held at the end of the party. I thought that this was a good idea as it engaged the guests to walk around and participate in the booths instead of just sitting there.
Once the guests stepped in, they’ll be given an activity card each. Rules and guidelines were all written on the card and there were a total of 8 activities. Every completion of activity will give you a chop in the box. Getting 6 chops would enable you to qualify for the lucky draw. There were 3 chops that were compulsory, the Doorgift chop, the Guestbook chop and the Photobooth chop.
Activity 1: Door Gift
I thought that it was only right to thank my guests for coming down to my party and thus I had doorgifts prepared for them. I personalized these Hello Kitty boxes to keep it to theme. Inside the boxes were just some sweets and chocolates and on the boxes its written “Sherraine’s Twentyfirst 18.11.2013”. Although it was a simple gift but its definitely one and only. I hope those of you who’ve attended the party liked it. 🙂
Activity 2: Guestbook
A guestbook is really important at a 21st party as its gonna help you remember the people who loved you enough to drop by your party. Its really nice reading those messages and knowing that there’s that many people who bothers about you. 10 years from now you’re gonna read the messages and tear out of gratefulness and die of sweetness. HAHA Just kidding. Anyway, I designed the guestbook cover myself as well so its still Hello Kitty-ish. I really love the message that came along with that pic – “You can never have too many friends”. How true! Guests were told to write in the guestbook after receiving the gift to get the second chop on the activity card.
Activity 3: The Photobooth
Hmm.. Its definitely not cheap but it was worth the money since everyone really enjoyed playing at the photobooth. My guests went wild at the photobooth and I KNOW MANY OF YOU SPAMMED cause I have ALL your pictures. HAHA, yes! Having a photobooth means you’ll get to keep all the pictures taken there which obviously includes those of your friends with silly faces. HAH. Well, a 21st is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of party and I didnt mind putting in the effort and money into making a memorable party. I hope you guys enjoyed it!
Okay, Im gonna post some of the pictures that I like best from the photobooth. 🙂 Look at their silly pictures! HAHA. Everyone had fun with the props. Im not sure if they know, but the Hello Kitty props were actually all hand-made by ourselves!
1) Im gonna be biased and place my family portrait as my number 1 favourite. I hardly own a picture with both my mum and dad and am really glad to have this picture. Thank you daddy and mummy for making some sweet memories with me.
2) Me and my mum. This picture is kind of awkward. She wasnt very “on” about taking pictures at first. Well, that was until she found my makeup kit and did her pretty make-up. After that, she started going to the photobooth with her friends and family and haha caught the photo-bug. The kiss was requested by her. LOL I was shocked. Sweetness overload?
4) My second family. Here’s the family that I grew up with. I stayed with them since I was a baby until I was schooling age cause both my parents were working. They became my close family members ever since, showering me with love and concern. 🙂 My mama even came in a hello kitty shirt that she borrowed! How to not love them! OH OH! Did you spot the baby. I thought that he looked like a PROP. SHO CUTE.
5) The girls. Dressed in pink and part of my party crew. I definitely need to show some love to them. That aside, I really do like the main shot since our heights’ all about the same. Dont we look like some Taiwan girl group?
6) Genevieve. Leader of the party crew, she made the party possible. She drove me round Singapore to find all my party materials, recce the possible places for the party and more. Thanks dear. I only put this picture as number 6 cause of our fail attempt to pose a “21”. It became a “12”. LOL. Nevermind. I dont mind being 12 again.
7) The Poly Zabors definitely took the most pictures! HAHA. They’re the masscommers that possesses both beauty and brains except ONE (Fiona, cause she’s a bimbo :P). They really have the most spastic faces and Im being nice here posting something more normal.
10) Never-aging. 不老传说. Shes a singer and a mum but she still looks so good! I really love her kitty top and Im touched she really made the effort to find a kitty top! Can tell me where you buy that top not?? I like leh!
Last but not least, another one of my favourite picture is the one with my dog! It was hard getting Bailey to look at the correct place but she managed! The thing is… I didnt get the hardcopy of this picture! Who STOLE it! TSK.
So, there were other ways to gain other chops but I’ll not explain it here… Lets move on to the happenings outdoor.
The Party Yard
As it got darker, the lights shimmered and music started. Candles flickered, setting the mood just right.. just like what I envisioned it to be.
We initially planned for stage games and more but was not able to do so due to the constrains at the chalet. Instead of a full 3 hour performance, stage activities were cut short as the management came in to stop us from using the speakers. SAD DIE ME. So here’s what we managed to do till they came.
And finally, I decided to dedicate a couple of songs to my guests who were there…
Finally, it was time for cake cutting.
ANDDDD…. MY PINK PINK HELLO KITTY CAKE!
Some pictures before the candles melt away…
And here comes the moment when everyone’s singing e bday song for you and you stand there like an idiot. haha
After the singing, my mum presented me with my 21st bday key necklace 🙂
Making a wish..
And there goes the candles..
Here’s the videos during the cake cutting 🙂 ITs so super entertaining hahaha.
I’d like to apologize for the delay for the cake cutting. It was getting late and many had to leave already. Its ok dear people, its the thought that count. Really APPRECIATE your attendance!
Yes, most of my presents are all Hello Kitties! HAHA. I really love the presents alot! Would like to thank everyone for the presents and Angbaos! Thanks for joining me on this very special day!
Thanks for the letters too! I read each and every word.
Thank you ALL! 🙂 I know I’ve enjoyed myself tremendously. I do sincerely hope that those of you who were there enjoyed yourselves too! Will be reviewing the services I engaged for my bday.. If you’re interested to know, wait for the third post.